Last Updated: May 28, 2023
2.0 Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
Our privacy practices and the Personal Information that We collect, whether directly from You or from third-party service providers (a “Third Party” or “Third Parties”), depend on the nature of the relationship that You have with TeckNexus and any applicable laws. In this section, We describe some of the ways that TeckNexus collects and uses Personal Information and the legal bases for doing so. TeckNexus collects limited amounts of Your Personal Information. We endeavor to collect information that is relevant only for the purposes of Processing as described in this policy and its related policies as noted in Section 1.0.
2.1 How TeckNexus Collects Personal Information
The data We collect from or about You may include Personal Information, such as name, address, email address, user name, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Some of the ways that TeckNexus may collect Your Personal Information as You use the Sites and Apps include:
- collecting Personal Information from You when You visit or engage with the Sites, surveys, business or marketing events, and any occasion when We deliver programs and services to You.
- opportunities to sign up to receive specific information or services wherein We may ask for Your contact information (e.g. name and email address) so that We can fulfill Your request.
- collecting certain information, including IP addresses, cookies, navigational data, the name of the domain and host from which You access the Internet, the browser software You use and Your operating system, and the date and time You access TeckNexus. This type of information is used in order to provide improved Sites administration, to improve the quality of Your experience when interacting with TeckNexus, and to display interest-based ads for products and services that might be of interest to You.
- credit card and other financial information related to payments for commercial goods and services that We provide to You at Your request.
2.2 Information Collected from Third-Party Sources
TeckNexus may collect information about You from Third Parties to supplement the information that You provide. This supplemental information allows Us to verify the information that You have provided to Us and to enhance Our ability to provide You with customer support and information about TeckNexus’s business, products and services.
We may also offer You the ability to use Third Parties to enable certain additional features on the Sites. If You choose to do this, TeckNexus may receive information about You from these Third Parties.
TeckNexus may occasionally engage Third Parties to conduct surveys on Our behalf. The voluntary survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of the Sites and the Services, TeckNexus’s communications, advertising campaigns and/or promotional activities. If You participate in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. The information collected will be used to help Us to learn more about Your needs and the quality of the products and services We provide to You. We may occasionally share pseudonymized and anonymized data for research and analysis purposes.
2.4 How TeckNexus Uses the Personal Information of Site Users
Depending on how You use TeckNexus, We and Our Third Party service providers may also use Your Personal Information in certain limited ways, including:
- Providing Information and Services that You Requested. TeckNexus may use the Personal Information about You to provide You information that You may request (such as information about a product or service We are offering). TeckNexus may also use Your Personal Information to deliver a specific program or service to You, when You enroll to receive the program or service. Such use may include: (a) generally managing Your information and accounts; (b) responding to questions, comments and requests (e.g. customer support requests and legal requests); (c) providing access to certain areas and features; and (d) permitting You to register for, and participate in, online and in-person events.
- Administrative Purposes. TeckNexus may use the Personal Information about You for its administrative purposes, including, without limitation, to: (a) measure interest in TeckNexus’s Sites, programs or services; (b) perform internal quality control; (c) verify identity; (d) send communications regarding the Sites, Apps, programs, services, Your account, or any changes to any TeckNexus policy or terms of service; (e) process payments; (f) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and (g) enforce Our Terms and Conditions.
- Marketing Products and Services. TeckNexus may use the Personal Information about You to provide You with materials about offers, products, and services that We offer, including new contents, products, Sites, Apps, or services. TeckNexus may provide You with these materials by notification via the Sites, email, or other electronic notification as permitted by applicable laws.TeckNexus may work with Third Parties, such as advertisers, ad serving companies, and advertising companies, to provide You with interest-based ads through the automatic collection of Personal Information (including third party cookies), as specified in TeckNexus Cookies Policy.
- Research and Development. TeckNexus may use Your Personal Information to create non-identifiable anonymous information that We may use, alone or in the aggregate, along with information obtained from other sources, in order to help Us to optimally deliver Our existing products and services or develop new products, processes and services.
- Information Submitted Via TeckNexus. You agree that TeckNexus is free to use the content of any communications or other information submitted by You via TeckNexus, including any narratives, images, ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or services. You understand that TeckNexus will not release Your name or otherwise publicize the fact that You submitted materials or other information to Us unless: (a) You grant Us permission to do so; (b) We first send notice to You that the materials or other information You submit to a particular part of a site will be published or otherwise used with Your name on it; or (c) We are required to do so by law.
- Sharing Content with Friends or Colleagues. TeckNexus may offer various tools and functionality that will allow You to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague. Email addresses that You may provide for a friend or colleague will be used to send Your friend or colleague the content or link You request, but will not be collected or otherwise used by TeckNexus or any other Third Parties for any other purpose.
- Pseudonymous and Anonymous Data. Including as described in Section 2.10, TeckNexus may use and share Your pseudonymized, anonymized, or aggregated information within the TeckNexus group of companies or with Third Parties for research, analytics and any other legally permissible purposes.
- Fraud protection. TeckNexus may use the Personal Information about You in order to prevent fraud and to protect the accuracy and integrity of financial transactions made throughout the Sites. TeckNexus may share the Personal Information with a third-party service provider for such a purpose.
- Other Uses. TeckNexus may use Personal Information for other purposes for which We have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, or any other purpose disclosed to You at the time You provide Personal Information or else with Your consent.
2.5 How TeckNexus Uses the Personal (Human Resource) Information of Employees
TeckNexus collects Personal Information from current, prospective and former employees, their contacts (in case of a medical emergency), and their beneficiaries as necessary (“Human Resources Data”). We may also collect Sensitive Human Resources Data such as details of health and disability, including mental health, medical leave, and maternity leave. We acquire, hold, use and Process Human Resources-related Personal Information for a variety of business purposes including:
- absence management;
- acquisitions, divestitures and integrations;
- benefits and personnel administration;
- compensation, including bonuses and long-term incentive administration, stock plan administration, compensation analysis, including monitoring overtime and compliance with labor laws, and company recognition programs;
- compliance with statutory requirements;
- diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- emergency contacts and services;
- employee safety;
- helpdesk and IT support services;
- human resources administration and communication;
- internal or external audits;
- job grading activities;
- litigation evaluation, prosecution and defense;
- organizational development and succession planning;
- payroll and the provision of benefits;
- performance and employee development management;
- processing of employee expenses and travel charges;
- regulatory compliance;
- restructuring and relocation; and
- workflow management, assigning, managing and administering projects.
2.6 Third Party Services
Companies unrelated to TeckNexus occasionally provide interactive resources that enable You to collaborate and share information with others. These resources include, but are not limited to, websites, social media, discussion boards, bulletin boards, blogs, wikis, and referral functions that will share Site and App content with Third Party.
TeckNexus may collect Personal Information to enable You to use online social media resources offered either by TeckNexus or a Third Party Service. We may also enable You to use these Third Party services to post or share Personal Information with others. Please carefully consider what Personal Information You share with others when using Third Party services.
2.7 Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing
You may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings or phone calls from Us with information on TeckNexus or Our business partners’ products and services or any upcoming special offers/events that We believe may be of interest whenever You provide Us with Personal Information, or whenever we obtain your Personal Information from Third Parties. You may decline these communications by following the instructions in Section 3.
2.8 Cookies, Analytics Information, and Interest-Based Advertising
Cookies are small text files placed in Your Device’s browser to store Your preferences. Most browsers allow You to block and delete cookies. However, if You do that, the Sites may not work properly.
2.8.2 Pixel Tags/Web Beacons
A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on Sites that collects information about Your engagement on that web page (such as whether You clicked a particular web page or advertisement).
2.8.3 Analytics Information
We use Google Analytics to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of Our Services, and to develop website content. These data are not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by Your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. We may use certain Technologies that are necessary to operate Our Sites and Apps; that are required to identify irregular Site and App behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security; or that allow You to access and make use of Our Sites and Apps.
- Performance Related. We may use certain Technologies to assess the performance of Our Sites and Apps, including as part of Our analysis of the way You use the Sites and Apps, to determine if You have interacted with Our messaging, to determine whether You have viewed an item or link, or to improve Our Sites and Apps.
- Functionality Related. We may use certain Technologies to offer You enhanced functionality when accessing or using Our Sites and Apps. This may include identifying You when You sign into Our sites or keeping track of Your specific preferences, interests, or past items viewed so that We may enhance the presentation of content to You on Our sites.
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to Your interests, on Our sites or on Third Party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to You of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to You, such as whether You have clicked on an advertisement.
If You would like to opt-out of the Technologies We employ on Our sites, services, applications, or tools, You may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as Your browser or device permits.
2.9 Mobile Devices
2.10 Anonymous and Aggregated Information
TeckNexus may use Your Personal Information and other information about You to create and analyze anonymized and aggregated information. Anonymized and aggregated information is used to measure visitors’ interest in and use the Sites, interest in certain contents and features, and other applications. Anonymized or aggregated information is generally not considered to be Personal Information, and TeckNexus may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within TeckNexus and with Third Parties for Our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying You.
3.0 How to Opt Out of Certain Uses of Your Personal Information
You may withdraw your prior consent of TeckNexus’s Processing of Your Personal Information at any time and opt out by contacting TeckNexus via email at contact@TeckNexus.com and by providing adequate information necessary for TeckNexus to identify You and Your account. Additionally, before We use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by You, We will provide information regarding the new purpose and give You the opportunity to opt out.
TeckNexus will endeavor to obtain Your explicit consent (also known as opt-in) in areas where such consent is required by law or contract prior to disclosing Personal Information to a Third Party, or Processing Personal Information for a purpose other than its original purpose or the purpose subsequently authorized by You. TeckNexus will affirmatively Process Your request to opt-out of TeckNexus’s use of Your Personal Information upon request.
3.2 Email and Telephone Communications
3.3 Human Resources Data
With regard to Personal Information that TeckNexus receives in connection with the employment relationship, TeckNexus will use such Personal Information only for employment-related purposes as more fully described in section 2.5 above. If TeckNexus intends to use this Personal Information for any other purpose, TeckNexus will provide the Data Subject with an opportunity to opt-out of such uses.
3.4 The “Do Not Track” Setting in Your Browser
The Do Not Track (“DNT”) setting is an unofficial privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers that instructs websites to not track or share certain information collected as You browse. The DNT standard was not widely adopted and therefore TeckNexus does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. For information about “do-not-track”, visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org. New users to the Sites will be prompted to provide information about cookie and privacy preferences.
4.0 Information We Share
4.1 Service Providers
TeckNexus may share Personal Information with Third Parties that We have retained to perform services on Our behalf including (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services You have requested; (iii) payment processing; and (iv) customer service activities. Payment information will be used and shared only to effectuate Your order and may be stored by a service provider for purposes of future orders.
TeckNexus has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Your personal information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on Our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
4.2 Information Shared via Third Party Features
TeckNexus will share Your information with a Third Party for as long as You use the Third Party feature.
4.3 Business Partners
TeckNexus may share Personal Information with Our business partners, and affiliates for Our and Our affiliates’ internal business purposes, or to provide You with a product or service that You have requested. TeckNexus may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom We may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services We believe may be of interest to You. In such cases, Our business partner’s name will appear, along with TeckNexus’s. TeckNexus requires Our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on Our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided.
4.4 Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We may disclose information about You: (i) if We are required to do so by law, court order, or another sufficient legal process; (ii) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (iii) under the discovery process in litigation; (iv) to enforce TeckNexus policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to TeckNexus; (vi) when We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if We, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
TeckNexus reserves the right to refuse to share Personal Information with any Third Party if TeckNexus determines that sharing such information could be unlawfully harmful to You.
4.5 Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
4.6 Data Transfers
All Personal Information sent or collected via or by TeckNexus may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States, Our servers, the servers of Our affiliates, and the servers of Our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to TeckNexus, You consent to the storage of Your Personal Information in these locations.
5.0 How to Enforce Your Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
Although TeckNexus makes good faith efforts to provide You with access to Your Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which TeckNexus is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: (i) where the information contains legal privilege; (ii) would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights; (iii) where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to Your privacy. If TeckNexus determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, We will provide You with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect Your privacy, TeckNexus will take commercially reasonable steps to verify Your identity before granting access to or making any changes to Your Personal Information.
The security of all Personal Information provided to TeckNexus is important to us, and TeckNexus takes reasonable steps designed to protect Your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of information is guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while TeckNexus strives to protect Your Personal Information, We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information You transmit to TeckNexus, and You do so at Your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of Your own passwords. If You have reason to believe that Your passwords or Personal Information is no longer secure, please promptly notify Us at contact@TeckNexus.com.
8.0 How to request an Answer to Questions or Issues Regarding Your Privacy
TeckNexus will address Your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely manner.
9.0 Other Rights and Important Information
9.1 Information Regarding Children
Due to the nature of TeckNexus’s business, services and benefits are not marketed to persons less than 13 years of age, and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 18 (collectively “Minor” or “Minors”). If You are a Minor, then You may not use or access TeckNexus at any time or in any manner without authorization.
Protecting a Minor’s privacy is especially important. For that reason, TeckNexus does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from Minors under 13. If TeckNexus learns that personally-identifiable information of minors has been collected on or through TeckNexus, then TeckNexus will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If You are the parent or legal guardian of a minor who has become TeckNexus member, then please contact TeckNexus at contact@TeckNexus.com to have that minor’s account terminated and information deleted.
9.2 United States Privacy Rights
TeckNexus complies with all privacy laws within the United States to the extent possible for businesses operating in the State of California. California law entitles California residents to ask Us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information We collect, from what sources, for what purpose and with whom TeckNexus shares such information. California law also provides California residents with rights to request access to and deletion of certain personal information, to know whether personal information is shared, and to opt out of the “sale” of personal information.
9.3 Links to Third-Party Websites
9.5 Contact Information
Please contact TeckNexus with any questions or comments about any of Our policies and notices, Your personal information, and Our third-party disclosure practices or Your consent choices via email at contact@TeckNexus.com. We will respond to Your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.