What are the top Private 5G Industry Verticals?
We analyzed seventy-five in-deployment | in-trial private 5G global enterprise use cases and enterprises that won spectrum across countries where 5G is currently live. Based on our analysis, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, and Utilities are the top private 5G industry verticals. Below are insights from the related research and analysis.
5G for Smart Manufacturing
Sample industry verticals, leveraging private 5G for manufacturing include:
- Transportation | automotive sector related manufacturing such as the production of electric batteries and all-electric vehicle assembly
- Industrial appliances manufacturing, e.g., air compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, and power tools
- Specialty chemical manufacturing, e.g., polyolefins, fertilizers, and melamine
- Semiconductor manufacturing
- 5G radio equipment manufacturing
- High-tech polymer manufacturing
To get information on the current state of 5G in manufacturing, related global and regional insights, use cases, and ecosystem players subscribe to our premium 5G for manufacturing report.
Within the smart transportation vertical, the private 5G use cases can be further sub-classified into airport and seaport verticals.
For Airports, the key business drivers for leveraging private 5G include – maximum security, best possible customer experience, and guaranteed high level of reliability for airport processes.
For Seaports, the key business drivers include cybersecurity of ports, guaranteed service quality AR/VR-based reliable remote operations control, and greater efficiency for port and shipping operations (e.g., streaming of images, radar, and sonar data to increase towing efficiency to increase the number of ships entering and leaving the premises each day).
Subscribe to our 5G for transportation report to get information on the current state of 5G for smart transportation, related global and regional insights, use cases, ecosystem players, key business drivers, adoption challenges, and more.
5G for Smart Transportation
5G for Smart Energy & Utilities
Key business drivers for leveraging private 5G for energy and utility verticals:
- Secured connectivity for indoor and outdoor communications
- Better coverage enabling monitoring and control of mission-critical applications
- Increasing efficiency of energy plant operations and asset performance
- Real-time drone monitoring system for dams, remote water level monitoring system, and situation sharing system
- Remote monitoring enabling worker safety and cost-efficient plants AR/VR headsets to support remote operations and safety applications
Subscribe to our 5G for energy & utility report to get information on the current state of 5G for energy & utility, related global and regional insights, use cases, ecosystem players, key business drivers, adoption challenges, and more.