5G Assurance Survey Background
The 5G assurance operator survey was conducted on behalf of RADCOM by TeckNexus.
This survey includes 100 validated responses from an online survey conducted by TeckNexus targeting Network and IT personnel working for global network operators who have launched 5G services. The online survey was conducted between April 26 to May 16, 2021.
The survey consisted of ten questions prepared by RADCOM to get a global perspective from 5G technical personnel on the key features driving network quality, service assurance – capabilities, methodologies, troubleshooting, monitoring, use of AI/ML, and more.
5G Assurance Survey Questions
Which is the top business driver for 5G Standalone (SA) deployment?
- Network Slicing
- Private Networks
- Edge Computing
- Fixed Wireless Access
As you launch 5G, what is the top business priority for your network quality teams?
- Automate to improve network operations
- Understand what degradations affect the customer experience, and by that reduce churn
- Leverage AI/ML to automatically detect network anomalies
- Monitor advanced 5G service quality
- Improve 5G subscriber onboarding
Which of the following has the highest impact on customer experience in your 5G network?
- Service and network automation
- Predictive analytics
- Network troubleshooting
- Monitoring KPIs/KQIs/QoS
- Monitoring Customer Experience Indexes
Which of the following features is the most important when selecting a service assurance vendor for 5G?
- Offers end-to-end (RAN to the core) network monitoring
- Is Cloud-native (CNFs) with a microservices-based architecture
- Provides IMSI-based session analysis with a drill to the packet level
- Supports Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) for rapid deployment of change requests, customizations, and product development
- Subscription-based pricing (independent of # of subscribers and traffic monitored)
What are the top three service assurance methodologies your organization will be using to ensure the customer experience in 5G?
- Monitoring end-to-end (from the RAN to the core)
- Utilizing AI/ML to find network anomalies
- Monitoring both control and user plane data
- Collecting and correlating network packet data
- Collecting network events
Which of the following troubleshooting capabilities provides the most value for 5G network assurance?
- End-to-end KPI/KQI monitoring
- Network-wide call/session-tracing
- Subscriber-based correlation of RAN data
- Protocol analysis
What aspect of the 5G network is The most important for service assurance to monitor?
- Handover between 4G/5G as well as different frequencies (C-band/Millimeter)
- 5G core
- New greenfield RAN technology (vRAN/O-RAN/cRAN)
- Edge deployments for Ultra-Reliable Low-Latency Communication (URLLC)
What do you see as the most important use case for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to improve service quality?
- Automatically detecting network anomalies
- Performing automatic root cause analysis
- Planning future network capacity
- Gaining insights into encrypted traffic (such as video streaming)
When does your organization plan to implement the Network Data Analytics Function (NWDAF) in the 5G core?
- Within 24 months (by the end of 2022)
- Within 36 months (by the end of 2023)
What role do you see the NWDAF playing in a closed-loop approach to network management?
- A critical input for network automation
- For gathering analytics and feeding data to orchestration
- For collecting analytics and sharing with other network functions
- Vital feedback for policy management